To listen click on arrow.
This text will be replaced
Send a Hymn to a loved one . . .
The regional finalists who will compete in the Washington D.C. finale include:
· Houston: Royalwood Sanctuary Choir of The Pentecostals of Royalwood (Houston, TX)
· Jacksonville: Love and Faith Community Church Mass Choir of Love and Faith Community Outreach Development Corporation (Tallahassee, FL)
· Memphis: St. Mark Sanctuary Choir of St. Mark Baptist Church (Little Rock, AR)
· Philadelphia: The Sounds of Life of Life Giving Word Family Worship Center (Willingboro, NJ)
· Washington D.C.: Greater Mount Calvary Men of Valor of Greater Mount Calvary Holy Church (Washington D.C.)
· Newark: Marble Community Gospel Choir of Marble Collegiate Church (New York, NY)
· Cleveland: Calvary Sanctuary Choir of United Pentecostal Church International (Cincinnati, OH)
· Detroit: Burning Bush International Ministries Mass Choir of Burning Bush International Ministries (Ypsilanti, MI)
· Chicago: GFC Chorale of Greater First Church (East Chicago, IN)
· Charlotte: Salvation and Deliverance Church Choir (Tarboro, NC)
· Atlanta: All Nations Life and Praise Church Choir (Stockbridge, GA)
· St. Louis: New Sunny Mount Missionary Baptist Church of New Sunny Mount Missionary Baptist Church (St. Louis, MO)
· Oakland: Apostolic Community Life Choir “A.C.L.C.” of Apostolic Community Life Center (Salinas, CA)
· Los Angeles: Voices of Destiny of Greater Zion Church Family (Compton, CA)
CECE WINANS : GRAMMY AWARD Winning Artist
THE SEARCH FOR THE BEST CHURCH CHOIR IN AMERICA CULMINATES AT
“HOW SWEET THE SOUND”
This week on TALK! with AUDREY: You know CECE WINANS as the 8-time Grammy winning gospel singer. She will host the 2010 Verizon How Sweet the Sound finale – the American Idol of church choirs – in Washington, D.C. The program has a strong focus on celebrating the gospel community, and features exceptional talent with both the church choirs who compete and perform as well as the acclaimed gospel giants who serve as hosts, judges and performers.
Winning choirs representing 14 cities around the country will come together for an unforgettable night of joy and praise as they vie for the title of “The Best Church Choir in America.”
Throughout the program Verizon Wireless collected used cell phones to refurbish and uses all proceeds to benefit victims of domestic violence.
Details about Verizon’s How Sweet the Sound, including videos of competing choirs, judging criteria, and the official rules, are available online at